Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EVO Frontpage will not show featured articles.

EVO Frontpage will not show featured articles. 10 months 2 weeks ago #966

• pintobuck
  • Fresh Boarder
I can make EVO Frontpage module show articles in any category. But, enabling featured articles does not show any featured articles. Running Joomla 3.10 on a large web site hosting service.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EVO Frontpage will not show featured articles. 10 months 1 week ago #967

• pintobuck
  • Fresh Boarder
Display page for EVO Frontpage
thriftyfun.net/index.php/test-modules-di...ge-for-evo-frontpage

Does EVO frontpage need updated to show featured articles?
I can give you admin access if you like.

EVO Frontpage will not show featured articles. 10 months 5 days ago #968

• pintobuck
  • Fresh Boarder
Solved.

I figured out how to accomplished what I needed to do using two modules of EVO Frontpage.

Objective #1) display featured articles from any category without the need to move articles into and out of a featured article category.

Objective #2) display not-featured articles from a single category, for example just the blog category, but not all categories.

Objective #3) display #1 and #2 on the same page. So the home page could show featured articles from all categories, and articles/posts from only the blog category.

Method -- The solution required that I create two incidents of the EVO Frontpage module, and display them both on the same page.

EVO Frontpage module #1 -- I set it to display all categories and to show only featured articles. So that displayed featured articles from all my categories, but no other articles.

EVO Frontpage module #2 - I set it to display the one category of not-featured articles (like blog posts) that I wanted to display.

Conclusion -- By using two instances of the EVO Frontpage module on the same page, I could achieve the intended objectives stated above.
Last Edit: 10 months 5 days ago by pintobuck.

EVO Frontpage will not show featured articles. 9 months 3 weeks ago #971

• Pacificador
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 47
Greetings Pintobuck and sorry for the delay; I'm very busy.

Well, it should work with only one instance of the module showing featured articles. Of course, you need to select the category you want, and you can enable or dicable the option of showing featured articles too. But Features articles of that category! I suppose you wanted featured from other categories.

But you found a great and the correct solution for this kind of situations, when trying to combining some different categories and options. I'm glad to hear it.

Thank you for sharing with us and best regards!
Please, if you like EVO frontpage and have resolved all your questions, submit a rating at Joomla! Extensions Directory.

It will help me to continue working gladly. Thank you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds