Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column?

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 3 years 2 days ago #706

• klodovik
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Firstly, all the praise for the excellent extension , very powerful .

So I'm interested in the subject as I've stated that you can sentence Other items displayed in 3 columns ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 3 years 2 days ago #707

• Pacificador
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 47
Hello Klodovik and thank you.

Currently "Other Articles" only can be displayed on one column, as I never thought about showing it on more columns and no user asked me about it. Lately I have no free time, but I will add it to my pending list, however there are other changes I want to do which have a higher priority.

Apologizes for any inconvenience and best regards!
Please, if you like EVO frontpage and have resolved all your questions, submit a rating at Joomla! Extensions Directory.

It will help me to continue working gladly. Thank you.

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 2 years 11 months ago #710

• klodovik
  • Junior Boarder
OK , thanks for the reply .

Can you help me with columns that appear on a mobile device , the Windows phone is a column , the iPhone is 3 columns that are small and illegible , do not be like the Android or WP devices , can somehow define the display and the iPhone ? To be a column in a vertical position , a maximum 2 columns on the iPhone, this can be 2 columns to display on the WP and Android , not a problem. Thanks in advance.

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 2 years 11 months ago #711

• Pacificador
  • Administrator
Hello Klodovik,

I configured EVO to show only one column in small screen devices; I did it "telling" it to show only one when resolution would be less than 1080 pixels width, but it can be changed. The problem is when small screen devices have almost the same resolution as big screens. Do you know which is the screen resolution of your iPhone?
Please, if you like EVO frontpage and have resolved all your questions, submit a rating at Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Pacificador.

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 2 years 11 months ago #712

• klodovik
  • Junior Boarder
Standard resoulution of 6S 1920x1080 (1080p)

I played a bit with the setting that I found here on the forum. Within the same article states adjust the resolutions of the devices , but again .....

This is post --> www.evofrontpage.com/forum/normal-suppor...ices-only-one-column
This is "maybe" solution --> docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/media-queries

Do you have any advice for this setting looks to be in order to be on this device ?

Thank you

Can Other article show in 3 or 2 column? 2 years 11 months ago #713

• Pacificador
  • Administrator
Well, in that case it's a problem. As you can see, the URL you sent me talks about the same: resolution.

The problem is when a mobile phone, with a little screen, uses the same resolution of a big screen... so one of them will have a worse experience than the other. If iPhone would use 1919x1079 we could change to one column only for that specific resolution, but as it uses the same 1920x1080 as a lot of other screens... all of them would show the same number of columns. Maybe you could configure EVO to show two columns in PC screens and iPhone, but one column in the rest of mobile phones (with less resolution).

Please, note that this is a general issue, not an EVO issue, as it would happen with any other element. It's easy to adapt the width of the element to the width of the screen, in fact, EVO is doing it even in iPhone, but a very different thing is to change the number of columns, which is a mathematical rule.

Hope it helps. If you find a solution or have a fresh idea about it, please, share it with us.

Apologize for any inconvenience. Best regards

Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Pacificador.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds