- Published on Sunday, 17 May 2015 04:00
In this new version of EVO frontpage module, there are some new functions and minor errors fixed, however there have been modified more than normal quantity of the source code, considering the final user-visible changes.
The new functions are:
- Added an additional CSS file.
- Button to select which CSS file (Visual style) you want to use.
- Text area field to input which HTML codes or labels you want to allow.
- Minor optimizations of the source code and minor errors fixed.
- Little changes on original CSS and on source code, to improve the CSS implementation.
In addition, I have made a mini tutorial (2 minutes) to demonstrate how to quickly install and show the module on the frontend as a "main news" layout. It's really easy and fast, and you will get a great result even with the default settings, as I show you:
- Published on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 21:01
I'm glad to anounce that, from now (v2.9.2), EVO frontpage module has a responsive design, which means that users who visit your page from devices with a small screen or resolution, will see EVO frontpage in a special way, as it will adapt its size to be more user-friendly, changing the number of displayed columns (for example, if you have 3), to only one unique column.
In addition, some minor changes has been done in the module source code, as well as some changes on the CSS styles to be a little more customizable.
- Published on Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:53
It's highly recommended updating EVO frontpage to this new version v2.9.1.
I have released a new version update for EVO frontpage; it has very little changes, however it can improve the performance of EVO frontpage on some sites, which means that your webpage will load faster and this is a fundamental factor on the internet success.
You only need to download the module and install it as always. Your module settings (menu items assigned, number of columns, rows, tabs, right align, etc, etc) won't change.
Only in the case you have made source code modifications you will need to redo them but it's very easy if you copy your code lines, install the module and paste again your modifications inside.
- Published on Monday, 24 February 2014 18:27
The version 2.9 of EVO frontpage has been released. On this version, you will have a new option to place the thumbnails of your articles; before, you were able to place it at right or at left, but now, you can do it centered too.
In addition, some improvements have been added in the CSS style, and it's a little easier customizing it.
Has been solved a problem with animated layouts, installing the Jquery v1.8.3.
In the case of PRO version, have been fixed an error that was present when selecting an "H" heading tag for the introtexts of articles, which wasn't applied.
- Published on Friday, 14 February 2014 20:26
I'm pleased to announce that a new great extension is available for free download. This is the Meta Tags Wizard plugin, based on the original plugin called Metagenerator. It's a really useful extension to auto generate meta tags, taking all the information from your articles texts.
With this plugin you can auto generate keywords from your articles, configuring a blacklist (to never include this keywords) and 5 white lists (to always include this keywords, if they are in your article text); auto generate meta description, configuring its maximum length; add the canonical URL, and other little SEO improvements.
If you liked Metagenerator, you will love Meta Tags Wizard, as it's much more powerful:
- Fixed some errors related with the meta description length, the number of keywords and links inside the description.
- Now, the words are separated with a coma and a space, when they are generated.
- It can add keywords with apostrophes and dashes.
- Added 5 levels of priority of goldwords (white lists).
- Canonical URL automatically generated. (Before, it wasn't 100% automatic).
- Organized the backend parameters window with a nicer and more useful style.
- Added auto update function, so you can see from your backend if a new version exists.
I hope you enjoy it!